Zeus AI is a NASA Ames Research Center spinout developing cutting-edge data products for weather monitoring and forecasting using AI and near real-time satellite observations. Our technology uses state of the art computer vision to produce accurate, real-time and high-resolution weather variables from a suite of global satellites. Our team has numerous publications and awards at the intersection of machine learning and Earth sciences with experience working in government agencies, academia, and private industry. In 2022, Zeus AI was awarded a NASA Small Business Innovation Research Phase I award for using machine learning to characterize atmopsheric vertical structure from geostationary satellites.
TJ Vandal, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Ph.D. in machine learning + climate science, Northeastern University
- Principal Investigator in NASA ROSES and SBIR programs
- Award winning publications in top data and Earth science conferences and journals
Kate Duffy, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer
- Ph.D. in Climate, Ecology, + Applied Machine Learning, Northeastern University
- Previously a NASA Pathways Intern, NASA Earth eXchange
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering from Cornell
Ramakrishna Nemani, Ph.D.
- 30+ years of experience and 49k+ citations in remote sensing
- Founded the NASA Earth eXchange (NEX)
- Recieved NASA's highest award, Distinguished Service Medal
Auroop R. Ganguly, Ph.D.
- Professor, Northeastern University
- Chief Scientist, DOE PNNL
- Director of the SDS Lab
- Expertise in geoscience, data science, and hydrology
Evan Kodra, Ph.D.
- Senior Director of ESG, ICE
- Previously co-founder and CEO of risQ, aquired by ICE
- Expertise in statistics, climate science, sustainability, and powerpoint
Daniel McDuff, Ph.D.
- Principal Scientist, Microsoft Research
- Previously Director of Research at Affectiva
- Expertise in computer vision, video processing, and computing
Chris Hartshorn, Ph.D.
- Serial information/subscription services start-up executive
- Previously C-level roles at Level 11 Analytics, risQ, Xibus Systems, Lux Research and the New Zealand government’s innovation agency
- Expertise in nothing in particular, minimum viable awareness of a lot